What do you eat when you don’t have time to be healthy?
Hustle is a popular word among millennials who seem to want, do, and be everything under the sun. Many of us are busy by choice, juggling several roles, jobs, and projects… willing to sacrifice our personal time and energy to achieve our dreams.
What should never be sacrificed, however, is our health.
Because let’s get real: meals are not usually at the top of our priority lists, leaving most of us unhealthy and stressed.
But what if you’re always hungry? Here are a few suggestions for office snacking options, because you should never be too busy to eat:
1. Apple – Apples are tasty, crunchy, and really healthy! As they say, an apple a day keeps the doctor away. They are a nutritional powerhouse, and contain valuable amounts of Vitamin C, B-complex vitamins, dietary fiber, phytonutrients, and minerals such as calcium, potassium, and phosphorus. You can peel one, chop it into bite sized bits and put it into a Tupperware, or wash one and stick it into a ziplock… apples are a super healthy and convenient snack for individuals always on the go.
2. Coconut Chips – Coconut meat contains healthy fats, proteins, various vitamins and minerals. It also provides loads of energy and highly digestible fiber to help satisfy cravings with just a few handfuls. Enjoy it as a refreshing dessert, or in the form of dried chips that you can keep in your bag or sprinkle on yogurt, salads, and baked goods. Here’s where you can buy Coconut Chips, delivered right to your door!
3. Popcorn – Popcorn only takes a few minutes in the microwave to prepare. This movie watching favorite snack is much healthier than most people know. Plain popcorn (without the artificial flavoring and butter) provides whole grains, fiber antioxidants, and has health benefits. It can regulate blood sugar, lower cholesterol levels, prevent cancer, and even inhibit cognitive decline! Take this snack the next time you make a trip to the store, instead of the usual bagged chips.
4. Fruit Nut Bar – Every energy bar differs in nutritional value depending on its ingredients. When shopping, look for energy bars that include nuts, dried fruit, seeds, and rolled oats. These are natural energy boosters that will keep you going, no matter how long your days are. Keep a stash at your work desk that you can munch on so you can continue to tick items off your to-do list uninterrupted. Here’s where you can buy an excellent Fruit Nut Bar, delivered right to your door! Stock up on them to snack on during work hours.
5. Trail Mix – Trail Mixes are usually power-packed with carbohydrates and sodium, and high in fiber, vitamins and minerals.. They keep your blood sugar levels constant, steering you clear of that post-lunch crash. Similar to the fruit nut bars, when shopping for trail mix (or making your own) ensure that ingredients nuts, dried fruit, seeds, and rolled oats are among the ingredients.
Fuel your hustle with the suggestions above, and you’ll find your productivity increase day by the day!
If you’re looking to order more super healthy, locally-sourced snacks and ingredients, check out our online store, which delivers door-to-door locally!